The Beltrami County DFL will conduct its 2020 Convention activities by electronic/mail-in ballot. Here is important information for delegates and alternates to the Convention:
I. Essential Business Only. Convention business will be restricted to what the DFL State Executive Committee has deemed to be "essential business." For our Convention, this business includes:
- Selection of up to 20 Resolutions to forward to the State Platform Committee. We will distribution the Resolutions to all delegates and alternates to facilitate orderly voting.
- Election of five full-vote delegates and five full-vote alternates to the 7th Congressional District (CD) and State DFL Conventions.
- Election of two full-vote or four half-vote delegates and two full-vote or four half-vote alternates to the 8th CD and State DFL Conventions.
II. Postponed Convention Activities. Per instructions from the State DFL, all other convention activities will be postponed for further action to be taken by the Beltrami County Central Committee (CCC). These include:
- Election of six Directors,
- Election of two alternates to the State Central Committee (the Beltrami Chair and Vice Chair are the two automatic delegates to the SCC).
- Any changes to the Unit Constitution and Bylaws.
The Beltrami County DFL Central Committee consists of the Executive Committee (our officers and directors), Precinct Chairs elected at 2020 precinct caucuses, each member of the Congressional District Central Committee residing in the County and each State Central Committee member residing in the county. The two Precinct Vice-Chairs, according to rank of the election, shall represent the precinct in the absence of a Precinct Chair.
The Minnesota DFL elects 75 pledged delegates and 6 pledged alternates to the Democratic National Convention to be held July 13 through July 16, 2020 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Click here for information on how to run to become a delegate.